Job Title: Research Assistant – Communities Coordinator
We are seeking a dynamic and energetic individual to join our Fair Energy Campaign team. With experience in community organising and liaising with different stakeholders (e.g., local city officials, civic groups and research staff), the coordinator will oversee all aspects of community event planning with our stakeholders in East London, create content for social media platforms and manage Fair Energy Campaign online community.
|Department:||Institute for Design Innovation,Loughborough University London|
|Grade/ Salary:||Grade 4, £25,215 (pro-rata)|
|Contract Type:||Fixed Term for 6 months from 1 November 2021|
|Hours:||15 hours per week (2 days per week)|
- Maintaining a working relationship with stakeholders at different levels (i.e., local authorities, community organisers, campaign staff, resident groups, researchers)
- Planning physical and online events aspects, such as discussions, workshops and information days
- Participate in project and team meetings, contribute to discussions, and provide inputs and feedback on project documents and outcomes as required
- Delegating event planning tasks to other team members and contractors where necessary
- Explaining the purpose of the campaign at the community event
- Coordinating and managing event schedule, including community workshops and consultations
- Increase the visibility of the campaign by growing and maintaining our online community
- Creating effective social media content, crafting marketing materials such as blogs, stories, ads and other resources as necessary to convey the campaign message to targeted audiences
- Collecting basic data and creating documentation for research purposes
- Managing and overseeing events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, and communicating with staff
- Staying under budget while planning event specifications
- Issuing invoices and collecting payments in a timely manner, and creating comprehensive and readable reports
Conditions of Service
The position is part-time for 6 months, starting on 1st November 2021. Salary will be on Specialist and Supporting Academic Research Grade 4, £25,217 pro-rata per annum calculated for 15 hours per week.
The Research Assistant will be required to work as demanded by the job during the period 1/11/2021 – 30/04/2022. The contract has been designed so that the Research Assistant can claim for work done via the university system.
The University is committed to enabling staff to maintain a healthy work-home balance and has a number of family-friendly policies which are available at http://www.lboro.ac.uk/services/hr/a-z/family-leave-policy-and-procedure—page.html.
In addition, the University is supportive, wherever possible, of flexible working arrangements. We also strive to create a culture that supports equality and celebrates diversity throughout the campus. The University holds a Bronze Athena SWAN award which recognises the importance of support for women at all stages of their academic career. For further information on Athena SWAN see http://www.lboro.ac.uk/services/hr/athena-swan/
The closing date for applications is 31 October 2021.
Interviews are due to take place during week commencing 1st November 2021.
To apply, please email cover letter and CV to Dr Anze Zadel at A.Zadel@lboro.ac.uk